I don’t know if you are like me, but I am obsessed with keeping all of my clothes. I have tried to clean it before but I end up leaving most of the clothes even if I rarely or never wear them anymore. So as a part of my New Year’s resolution I cleaned my closet. Here are just some of my tips for have a clean closet.
- First I took all of the clothes out of my closet
- After I started to sort through the clothes. Look at the item and think back to last last time you wore it. If you can’t remember or it was over a year ago, place it in the giveaway pile. If it was recent keep it. P.S. look to see if the clothes that you are going to giveaway aren’t sellable because who doesn’t want to make a few bucks here and there.
- After I finished sorting through the clothes I started to put them back. I didn’t just put them in the closet as I used to have it. I organized it. I first sort the tops that were going to be on hangers from tank tops, to t-shirts, 3/4 sleeves, long sleeves,vest, and jacket. I did not include sweatshirts.
- After I did bottoms and decided that skirts were going to be on a regular hanger to save space and shorts and pants were going to be put in drawers. I placed to skirts on each hanger and placed them behind the jackets.
- I then folded all of my jeans and placed them in drawer. After I did the same thing with my shorts.
- I hung all of my dresses and placed them behind my skirts.
- I sorted my pajamas and placed them in a cabinet.
- After I reorganized my shoe collection to maximize space.
- Lastly giveaway/sell your old clothes. :)